Almost five years ago I started my first story. And now seven novels, two novellas, and seven short stories later…I’m still going…strong? Well, I’m still here.
Thanks. I’m celebrating, too.
I’m going to put myself out there and answer a few questions. I invite others to join in and answer so we can get to know each other better. And please, if you want to know something…comment away!
- Why do I write? I write because I have these voices in my head. No, not bad voices, although those might work, too. I’ve always been the person who can walk into a room and create stories about people I don’t know. I figured I’d put it to good use and create worlds and characters that readers might want to know better, too.
- What do I read? I read mostly contemporary romance, but my second love is classics. My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice. I read it every Christmas. But contemporary wise, I love broken men and strong women.
- What’s your favorite movie? Ugh, this question’s hard…and I’m making up the questions! My favorite of all time is probably “You’ve Got Mail” with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, but quickly following on its heels “John Wick 1.” I know, those are about as polar opposite as can be, but I love them for different reasons. YGM–because of how he woos her in the end and that line “I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.” Swoon. And John Wick because I’m impressed with the story building of the author/screenwriter. I won’t give anything away, but there’s a dog in the beginning and what happens tore me apart. Keanu Reeves is amazing, and did all his own driving stunts. I love fast cars and his car–69 Mustang…be still my heart.
- How many pairs of shoes do you have and what are your favorites? Well, right now all my shoes are packed away because I’m wearing (still) an orthodic boot to help my Achilles tendon heal. Find out tomorrow where we go–so good thoughts. BUT…I am very much a shoe hoarder. I did downsize because we recently moved into a smaller home, but I’d say I have a dozen flip flops, three dozen heels and wedges, a dozen and half pair of boots, two pair of Converse, and another dozen other shoes. And that’s 1/2 at least of what I used to have. But hopefully, someone out there is enjoying my other shoes as I donated them to a second-hand clothing charity. And as for favorites…my cowboy boots!
- What else do you enjoy doing with your time? After writing and reading, I enjoy food. Whether I’m making it or someone else is, I love eating. I love trying new foods and love traveling to eat new foods. My latest food adventure, burrata–it’s a soft, fresh made mozzarella…and dang, so good. I’m sure it’s not low in calories, but who cares. Just ridiculously delicious.
So there you have it. A little about me. I’d love to know a little about you. Come on, it’s not scary! Answer one of the questions!
Hugs to all and have a wonderful week!