Hello my darlings! How is everyone? I’m your new Girl Friday and I really hope to be able to fill your Friday’s as amazingly as Michelle had for the last year.
Wow, that’s hard to believe right? A whole year we’ve been kicking around on this blog!
So, now that I’ve moved day’s I’ve been thinking a great deal over the things I’ve learned and done in my time as an author. Lemme tell you – I’ve seen some serious shit!
No, for real. I’ve seen a lot of terrible shit happen to really good people. Watched friendships go down in flames, watched people hide behind their keyboards and the all might anonymous so that they can 1* the fuck out of really awesome books all to feed their ego’s.
Boy, the things I’ve heard (as in seen on FB messenger) said to me would seriously curl your hair or straighten it – whatever the case may be – but that’s besides the point.
That’s then – this is now.
Fuck all that.
We are in 2017 ya’all and this is supposed to be a BRAND EFFING NEW YEAR!!
2017 is supposed to be a “1” year. what does that mean?
Well, lemme let someone WAY smarter than me explain it…. Google. 🙂
(BTW — this whole post is pretty interesting reading – suggest it seriously— I found this tidbit here: http://numerology.astrologyclub.org/2017-personal-year/ )
2017 will be a Universal 1 year
From a numerological standpoint, 2017, when you add them up: 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10 and that is distilled down to: 1 + 0 = 1
So, in 2017 we’re in a 1 year!
A numerological perspective on the world in 2017
ONE is a number of beginning. 2017 bids us all to start something brand new, something that expresses our uniqueness, that uses our leadership abilities, that opens us to new perspectives. 2017 as a One year is a time to think and act independently. It’s also a year to put our leadership abilities and unique talents to use in the greater world, to practice cooperating without losing individuality.
The number 1 is the maestro, the director of activities and events. 1 is a number about beginnings and new initiatives of all kinds. At best, 1 symbolizes leadership and can get a lot done. At worst, number 1 energy of itself can be aggressive, cruel and even violent due to its pointed, narrow focus and approach. Understanding these basic vibration can help to manifest the positive attributes and recognize and overcome the negative.
2017 marks an Universal 1 year of this millennium.
There is much more that could be said about the numerology of 2017 and the Universal Year 1. This basic mode of understanding is based on Numerology, a close sibling of Astrology, so to speak. Both systems offer qualitative perspectives as is the way of Metaphysics, rather than the merely quantitative perspectives of material science. The quantitative and the qualitative serve as polar opposites, ends of the same pole, the male and female, Yin and Yang of dynamic interplay and balance.
2 – For a start we need to look at the number 2 which is in the leading position, and therefore dominant in the number 2017. The vibration of the number 2 is one of sensitivity, receptivity and the desire to nurture; it creates a need for harmony, and a willingness to achieve this through diplomacy and caring for others. These are all supportive, ‘feminine’ qualities, and -yes! – We have a whole millennium ahead of us in which each year will contain the powerful influence of the number 2. Astrologically, the 2 is associated primarily with the Moon, planet of feelings, instincts and imagination, and ruler of the ‘mothering’ sign, Cancer.
Seen in this light, the key to the new millennium is the development of a more heart-centred, feeling-based approach to life. You could say that we are in the process of evolving from the individualistic, self-centred focus of the number 1, which dominated the previous millennium, into a more co-operative, mutually supportive, peaceful world community under the influence of the ‘2’.
If you’re wondering where all the global violence and destruction fits into this, perhaps it’s forcing us to face the central issue that the ‘us vs them’ mentality is no longer viable in our new millennium. The 2 is the number of sharing, and now – more than ever – the problems facing humanity need to be shared. We need to learn to share our resources, on a global as well as a personal level.
0– The zero in 2017 prompt conscious decisions to co-create this new evolutionary journey with the universe: it’s not a passive process that happens by itself.
The zeros occurring each year from 2001 to 2099 reflect deep, unseen power of new energies forming in our collective unconscious. These latent forces need to be molded through our conscious effort, to bring about constructive changes. The zero in 2017 indicate the enormous potential for creating a new direction. Zeros have a ‘hidden’ energy with latent power that needs to be handled wisely and creatively.
In astrological terms, there is something very Plutonian about the zero. Pluto is a planet with powerful (often hidden) energies which bring transformation through facing the darker truths of life but, like the zero, Pluto’s energies need to rise out of ashes of destruction to create forms that reflect the evolution of new truths.
1– Number ‘1’ is the number creation, of God, the great omnipotent spirit of life. The Yang. The number of consciousness, light, Genesis, ego. It is the beginning, from which all the other numbers are created. One can be divided into any number leaving it unaltered and so represents the Spirit which can enter all things without changing. It is immovable because whether multiplied or divided by itself one remains the same. This does not happen with any other number. It is the number of aim, ambition and action.
7– The number 7 is associated with Neptune, the planet that dissolves obstructions to our spiritual growth & attunes us to inspirational, universal energies. This number rules occult mysteries, magical ceremonies and clairvoyance. It is an indivisible number and therefore compared to God. The bible says that on the 7th day God rested, and all things rest under the influence of the number 7 in order to reflect and contemplate. 7 is the number which governs the rhythms of life. In antiquity there were 7 planets which had influence upon events on earth, and which linked with the seven days of the week. There are 7 colours in the spectrum, seven notes in the musical scale. 7 occurs frequently in nature – flowering plants of a pure strain have seven petals – the lotus being one such type. Buddha is often represented sitting in the heart of a lotus.
So what will 2017 be like, since it’s a “1” year?
The Numerology of 2017 shows that the year 2017 will bring new beginnings and much activity. The pioneering spirit makes way for new inventions, new discoveries, or new creations. It’s energy will brring originality, new ideas. New leaders (committees, chairpersons, etc.), new ideas, or new additions to things done for the surrounding area. Its wide implications could include cities, towns, counties, etc.
Events and opportunities emphasise BEGINNINGS, CHANGE AND PROGRESS, such as:
- Development of new ideas.
- Expanding existing interests.
- Increasing status and/or recognition.
- Meeting new friends or business associates.
- Turning avocation into vocation.
Sometimes, one strong change triggers a sequence of events which forces substantial alterations in almost every facet of the life. In brief, individuality, ambition, initiative, new directions, or adding something new to established enterprises.
Ways to Work It:
- Leadership – that means you and me. People are going to feel embolden to blaze new trails, take the bull by the horns, pioneer in some highly unique and individualized fashion. Don’t be afraid to follow your nose when an idea or ideas “pop” into your head: -)
- Individulization – yep, we’re all going to start honoring who and what we are as individuals and most likely, acting upon those facets of ourselves. We will learn this year to enjoy our uniqueness instead of being with the “herd” mentality. 2017 it is a year of moving off into your own direction, never mind what others are doing: -)
- Self-starter – a lot of things from the left-over 9 year (2016) may not have gotten attended to like you might have wanted. Maybe your dreams, your move, your change of job had to wait and your particular needs were put on the back burner. No more. Not in this year. This is the year to self start, to do things you’ve been wanting to do, but just haven’t gotten out of the gate to do ’em. Now, you will have that opportunity.
- Letting your own star shine – In 2017 is time to quit hiding your light under a bushel basket, as the saying goes. It’s time to embrace who and what you are, your skills, your talents, or your developing skills and talents. This is the year to go learn, get educated, refine your skills and talents. The important thing is to begin the process.
- Confidence in yourself – is going to start welling up from the deepest parts of all of us. The confidence to believe in ourselves, to move on that knowledge and begin to spread our wings so that we can fly where we want to go.
- Ideas – thousands of ’em! – 2017 is a year of ideas, new thought, new perspective or perhaps looking at the same old thing in a new and provocative or fascinating way. Everything is up for change in a 1 year! You thought you had chaos in your life last year? Huh. Wait.This is the year of getting off the starting blocks and beginning to run toward your dream, your vision or goal. Now, the shackels, the delays, are behind us. You have nothing but room to run now–so start planning how you are going to get there. Be prudent, be organized and realistic about this. But, as the ad sez: “Just do it!”
Numerology and astrology can be used to study, weigh and reflect upon the past yet it is the now that is ever our concern as the key point between the past and the future and so we return to 2017 as the number on our calendars and hopefully make wise and practical use of the guidance it can offer to us on both individual and collective levels.
Now I’m sure you are all thinking that I’m crazier than a Junebug but seriously, this has affected me. I know that I’ve been overflowing with creative ideas, I’ve had more energy and I’ve put more energy back INTO myself instead of others. I’m DONE with waiting on others to decide that they need or want to be in my circle of friends, I’m worth more than that. (and sadly these are people I know who live less than a block from me!) I realize that now. I’ve worked too hard for far too damn many years to maintain relationships that simply don’t work and I’m over it. They were too draining and its time to move on so that’s what I’m doing and you know what – it feels fucking good!
So – Do things for you. Dream for YOU. Envision your goals and your future because honey, its there. No matter what anyone says, its waiting. Just believe.
No, this isn’t the post that I was going to write but the one that I’m going to write will have to be a multi-part post because its a long and very in depth post so keep your eyes peeled.
Now my darlings, as I always say…
Be good to each other, and don’t be a mean girl.
❤ ya all! *muah!*