One of the biggest questions I get when I talk to new authors is…. “Do I have to have a website?”
Well no, you really don’t HAVE to have one, however you really NEED one. Why?
- You need all of the web presence that you can get.
- A place where your readers can go to read about your newest releases.
- A place where your readers can get your backlog links
- A place where your readers can read about your WIP’s
- A place where your readers can find all of your social media accounts
Now I’ve heard people say – well Why can’t I just use my Facebook / Twitter as my website?
Well, you can but really do you want to drive your readers to your FB / Twitter account and have them try to go through your page to try to find a book from 6 months ago, or a year?
Now, I’m not saying you have to have a paid website, not at all! There are many out there that are free and amazingly easy to use as well. Ones that are actually beautiful when done correctly.
That brings me to my next point, keep your website up to date. Keep it looking nice and ensure that you keep the aesthetic clean and looking like the words you write. (If you write shifters, have shifters in the header for example)
The decision is ultimately up to you, the author, if you want to have a website or not but I would strongly suggest it – especially if you plan on sticking around for more than one book. 🙂
That’s just my 2¢ on the matter.
Have an amazing Wednesday!