Robert Kraft rejects prosecutors' deal in prostitution case

Share

Robert Kraft, the owner of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, is planning to reject a deferred prosecution agreement that would not require him to plead guilty to any charges surrounding his visits to a Florida spa in January that was under investigation for sex trafficking and prostitution, a source close to Kraft told ABC News on Wednesday.

Prosecutors have offered to drop misdemeanor charges against Kraft and 24 other men in exchange for fines, community service and an admission they would be found guilty should the case go to trial, according to Mike Edmonson, spokesman for the Palm Beach State Attorney's Office. Quinn reported that there are two main goals for the 77-year-old: getting distance from the human-trafficking allegations, and keeping video evidence, which police claim they have, sealed, and that there are expected to be intense negotiations leading up to next week's court date.

"We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity", a spokesperson for Kraft said on Feb 22.

None of the other suspects have accepted the deal either.

The Patriots owner is due back in court on March 28th. Edmondson said the deal is one that is usually offered to first-time offenders accused of committing nonviolent crimes.

North Korea Threatens to Break Off Negotiations with ‘Gangster-Like’ U.S.
President Moon: Call Chairman Kim. "We've discussed their reaction and our reaction", Bolton said. She said the "gangster-like stand of the us will eventually put the situation in danger".

Kraft's attorney, Jack Goldberger, did not reply to requests to comment Tuesday.

Kraft was charged with two counts last month. Evidence in the case includes video from a hidden camera police placed in the Orchids of Asia Day Spa, and law enforcement have said there is video evidence of Kraft involved in sex acts twice at the spa.

Through a spokeswoman, Yang told the Palm Beach Post on Wednesday that she has never met Kraft.

CNN has reached out to Kraft's attorney but has not heard back. Kraft's legal team is still negotiating with prosecutors, the Globe reported. A diversion deal would expunge their cases and seal all evidence.

Share