Australia police say man in custody after airport evacuation


The incident began just before 9pm (local time) on Saturday in the terminal's food court where the man allegedly pulled out a knife and placed a metal object on a table, claiming it was a bomb, after an argument with a woman.

Services on the airport train line were also shut down.

The man's first language was Arabic and an Arabic-speaking police officer was at the scene within minutes to negotiate, Police Commissioner Ian Stewart said.

"We've taken the unusual step of showing the device that the alleged offender had on him at Brisbane Airport last night". There are reports of a man being armed with knives, and authorities have declared a bomb threat, according to 9news.

The incident reportedly took place in the airport's worldwide terminal.

Police said in a statement that there were no injuries to police officers or any members of the public.

Russian Federation leaks Mueller investigation evidence online
Dubelier, of Reed Smith in Washington, declined to comment on the Mueller filing, as did Mueller spokesman Peter Carr. The two other Russian companies that have been charged Concord Management and Consulting LLC and Concord Catering.

Brisbane Airport was reopened shortly after midnight, however passengers have been warned that delays are expected to continue well into Sunday.

The man who allegedly made bomb threats at Brisbane's worldwide airport while wielding a knife is expected to face court.

"I think this photo (of the fake bomb) clearly indicate the extraordinary lengths that a person has gone to to create a perception of risk, threat and fear".

He will appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday. "The alleged behaviors ... what he was saying, what he was doing was certainly terrifying".

Police have released an image of the device used in a domestic violence-related incident that sparked a mass evacuation of Brisbane Airport's worldwide terminal.

But Queensland police assistant commissioner Peter Crawford said the man had suffered a "health issue" during the charging process and that the charges were laid during a "bedside process" in hospital.