At least 61 killed in clashes in Yemen’s flashpoint Hodeida

Share

Yemen's defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

A source at the Yemeni army has said the government forces have successfully snatched hundreds of mines and explosive materials of this kind, aimed at targeting civilians in Hodeidah, especially in areas liberated from the Houthi militias.

Mariam Aldogani, Save the Children's field coordinator in Yemen, said that the people in Hodeida are living in a "state of fear".

Dozens of wounded rebels were transferred to hospitals in the provinces of Sanaa and Ibb, further inland, a source at the Hodeida military hospital said.

British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt will visit Saudi Arabia on Monday, where he will press King Salman and Prince Mohammed to support United Nations efforts to end the conflict, the Foreign Office said.

Medics in hospitals across the city reported 110 rebels and 32 loyalist fighters killed overnight, according to a tally by AFP. A government military source confirmed the toll.

SoCal gunman apparently stopped shooting to post online
Once he helped get people down the street to safety, Wennerstrom said he and others went back to help anyone remaining. Instagram and Facebook refuse to discuss individual accounts and did not respond to a request for comment.

The conflict has triggered what the United Nations calls the world's worst humanitarian crisis, with 14 million Yemenis at risk of starvation.

The attacks against the Saudi forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen's infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.

They carried placards protesting the war in Yemen and calling for an end to the coalition's atrocities there.

Multiple countries, including Germany and Norway, halted arms sales to Saudi Arabia after Khashoggi's killing.

The docks have been blockaded by the Saudi-led alliance since November 2017 over what the coalition says is arms smuggling from Iran to the Huthis.

The World Health Organization estimates almost 10,000 people have been killed since 2015, when Saudi Arabia and its allies joined the government's war against the Huthis, driving the insurgents from the Red Sea coastline but failing to retake Hodeida.

Share