Boeing jet crash-lands at Guyana airport, six injured: minister


"Luckily there were no serious injuries", Bowen said. There were eight crew members aboard.

It says the Boeing 757 aircraft with 118 adults and two infants on board was forced to return to the Cheddi Jagan International Airport minutes after departing for Canada because of technical difficulties and overran the airstrip. Six passengers suffered nonlife-threatening injuries when the plane landed about 45 minutes after it departed Cheddi Jagan International Airport at about 2 a.m. local time (0600 GMT), hesaid.

A Fly Jamaica flight had to make an emergency landing yesterday in Guyana after experiencing hydraulic failure.

"So far, we have five persons who are under investigation further for spinal injuries..."

Pictures showed the plane had ground to a halt in the sand just short of a steep incline.

Upon landing, the 757 overshot the runway, suffering damage to its starboard wing, engine, and landing gear. "It was a miracle".

China holds 1st expo for imports amid trade war with US
China expects to import $30 trillion worth of goods and $10 trillion worth of services in the next 15 years, Mr Xi said. Participating countries have put on display a variety of products from agricultural products to consumer goods.

The Fly Jamaica Airways plane was bound for Toronto when it suffered a hydraulic problem shortly after takeoff and returned to the airport, crashing and careening off the runway.

All Canadian passengers aboard a Toronto-bound flight with a mechanical problem escaped injury when their plane skidded off the runway at Guyana's main global airport, federal officials said Friday.

"I'm still shaking, I'm so shocked", the Toronto man said from a Georgetown hotel.

The flight data recorder and black box had been recovered and were given to the US National Transportation Safety Board for review, Guyanese officials said.

Emergency services were immediately sent to the plane and were able to get all passengers and crew members out.

The crash site has been secured by the Guyana Defence Force and the Guyana Police Force. "We are providing local assistance and will release further information as soon as it is available", added the release.