Mr Pompeo said on Thursday that the Saudis should get "a few more days to complete" to complete their investigation before deciding if and how the USA should respond.
"I visit the country regularly and see high growth potential - and high actual growth in the private sector", Mucic said in an interview. And several (including Sam Altman, president of Y Combinator, and Dan Doctoroff, CEO of Alphabet unit Sidewalk Labs) have cut ties to the Saudi Arabia's Neom smart city project after being named as advisors, CNBC reports.
His withdrawal marked the first formal rebuke of the kingdom by the US over the Khashoggi case, in contrast to Mr. Trump's recent comments praising Saudi Arabia as a key ally in countering Iran - and ordering American-made weapons.
"We continue to seek an interview with Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman", the network said in a statement.
Gaza clashes 'cannot continue': Israeli defence minister
It has accused Hamas of using the mass protests as a cover to infiltrate into Israel and carry out attacks. The permitted fishing zone along the Gaza coast was also reduced to three nautical miles.
Trump stopped short of accusing the Saudis of killing Khashoggi, but he said there would be "very severe" consequences if it turns out they did.
Pompeo, who spoke with reporters on the White House driveway after briefing Trump on his talks with leaders in Saudi Arabia and Turkey, said Turkey also promised to share the results of its own investigation with the Saudis. But one of the key figures in the Saudi-U.S. alliance is receiving particular scrutiny for his role, or lack thereof, in the response: Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law.
Until Wednesday, South Africa had been silent on the probable murder of Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Instanbul, Turkey, on October 2.
The move comes after weeks of Saudi denials of involvement in the disappearance of Khashoggi, whom Turkish officials claim was murdered by Saudi officials in the kingdom's Istanbul consulate. We trust that this investigation will provide clarity and answers regarding the disappearance of Mr Khashoggi.
On Friday, Turkey's pro-government Sabah newspaper printed more surveillance camera photographs allegedly showing members of a Saudi team that was brought in to Turkey to dispose of Khashoggi. "They spend $40 million, $50 million", he said at a rally in Mobile, Alabama, in August 2015. He said Saudi officials, including the crown prince and his father King Salman, had promised a transparent probe.
The Saudi consul general reportedly is heard on tape saying, "Do this outside; you're going to get me in trouble".