350+ sickened after eating at Powell Chipotle

Share

A spokeswoman for the Delaware General Health District said the agency is in the "infancy" stages of its investigation. "We acted quickly and closed this single restaurant out of an abundance of caution yesterday", the company said in a statement.

Records show local health officials inspected the location July 26 and found violations related to food not being held at proper temperatures, Business Insider said.

Reports of illness first surfaced Sunday on the website iwaspoisoned.com, and surged into the hundreds following Business Insider's report.

The Mexican chain, still recovering from a food-safety crisis that battered its brand, shuttered a restaurant in Powell, Ohio, on Monday after reports of customer illnesses.

The health department received another report Monday that two more people experienced similar symptoms after eating meals from the location, according to location inspection reports. "We are not aware of any confirmed foodborne illness cases, and we are cooperating with the local health department". [FREE GUIDE: 3 things you (probably) didn't know about crisis communications]Chipotle was informed of two customer complaints of illness at its Powell restaurant, Laurie Schalow, the company's chief communications officer, said in an email.

North Korea Is Building New Missiles
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged last week that North Korea was continuing "to produce fissile material ". The rockets were being built at a facility in Sanumdong, on the outskirts of Pyongyang, the paper said .

You'll recall that the chain experienced a series of food-poisoning outbreaks that torpedoed its year in 2015, closed a store in 2016 over norovirus concerns, and had another significant norovirus outbreak in 2017 at an L.A. store.

Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc., a restaurant company, operates Buffalo Wild Wings franchised restaurants in the United States.

Chipotle's 2015 crisis was mostly an E. coli outbreak that hit public conscious when 42 locations in the Pacific Northwest briefly shut down.

It is also the first major food safety issue that new CEO Brian Niccol has to deal with as he works to bring back customers to the once red-hot Mexican food chain.

Share