Roma win race to sign Brazilian winger Malcom from Bordeaux

Share

The 21-year-old had been a reported target for several European clubs including Premier League side Arsenal, but instead will sign for Eusebio Di Francesco's Roma.

Barcelona made contact with Bordeaux following the failure to sign Brazil global Willian from Chelsea and, according to Italian media reports, made a bid larger than the reported fee of 38 million euros (A$60 million) struck with Roma. "The operation will cost 41 million euros and 1 million in variables", Barcelona said in a statement. The player's agent, Fernando Garcia, told Real Sport it was the decision of the French club and not the player that resulted in the late switch: "We had an agreement with Rome, then Bordeaux blocked us".

Malcom Filipe Silva da Oliveira, now on the books of Bordeaux, will soon become Barcelona's third signing of the summer.

ISRAEL UNLEASHED: Jerusalem BLASTS TARGETS in Gaza After 'Shooting Incident'
He was on "operational activity" when he and colleagues came under fire, according to the Israeli military. The army said "a terrorist squad shot" the soldier on the border with southern Gaza, without naming him.

Malcom will arrive in Barcelona on Tuesday and will have the traditional photo taken by the Club badge outside the Club offices at 7.30pm CEST.

As a result, Bordeaux cancelled the player's flight to Italy - where supporters were already waiting to welcome him - and they are now believed to be in talks with the Catalan giants over a move.

He will now, though, become Barcelona's second major signing of the summer window following the arrival of Clement Lenglet from Sevilla .

Share